The bestselling guide to holding steady through the stock market's highs, lows, and stable stretches
When you decide to jump into the stock market, there’s a lot to know. Stock Investing For Dummies covers the factual and emotional aspects of putting your money into stocks. In clear, easy-to-understand language, this book explains the numbers behind the stocks, the different categories of stocks, and strategies for building a solid portfolio. On the flip side, it also addresses the emotional aspects of investing: setting goals, knowing when to sell, and balancing risk vs. return.
For nearly a century, the well-to-do have been building their wealth by investing in stocks. Here’s your opportunity to do the same. The sooner you start investing, the sooner you’ll see your money grow. Make that a reality by discovering:
- Approaches for investing for income or growth
- Steps for evaluating your financial health, setting financial goals, and funding your first purchases
- How to read stock tables and pull information out of stock charts
- What to look for on balance sheets, income statements, and annual reports to choose strong performers
- Advice for minimizing losses and maximizing gains
- Tax implications and how to reduce their impact on your earnings
- Suggestions on what to do and buy in a down market
Put all of this information together, and you have a straightforward resource that helps you build and manage a portfolio that will serve you well for years to come. Stock Investing For Dummies gives you the confidence you need to send your portfolio soaring!